3 Layer Mexican Dip
Keto 3 Layer Mexican Dip
Three amazing layers of cheesy keto low carb goodness! 3 Layer Mexican Dip has it all: a meat layer featuring the most delicious taco meat ever, a fresh and creamy avocado layer, and a flavorful sour cream and mayo layer with chopped olives and more melted cheese. Your next fiesta needs this keto taco dip appetizer!
3 Layer Mexican Dip Hodge Podge
I have to admit, 3 Layer Mexican Dip is really just me throwing a bunch of my favorite Mexican ingredients together. Once baked, all these yummy ingredients come together to make a delicious Tex-Mex keto dip that is out of this world!
For dipping, use veggies, make the cheese chips below, or try these parmesan crisps!
Best Ever Layered Mexican Dip FAQ’s
I thought long and hard about the creamy third layer in this 3 Layer Mexican Dip. I love cream cheese in my dips (like this super easy 3-Ingredient Sausage Cream Cheese Vegetable Dip).
But cream cheese is an ingredient that is used so much in keto cooking (like in fathead dough creations like this Keto Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Danish) that I wanted to make a keto dip without cream cheese. Instead, the creamy layer of this taco dip includes mayonnaise and sour cream.
This keto taco dip recipe is not picky about which type of taco meat you use. You may certainly use your favorite taco meat recipe. Or use my very favorite, Keto Super Taco Meat Recipe.
By following that link, you’ll also find several taco-inspired recipes to use up that awesome taco meat.
I know, if you’re just starting out on the keto diet, you’re used to grabbing a bag of tortilla chips. So easy. I’d argue it’s just as easy to find keto dipping options.
We love using low carb veggies for dipping. For this 3 layer Mexican dip recipe, bell pepper slices are delicious. Another option is cheese chips.
For cheese chips, preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place cheese slices in triangle shapes on the baking sheet and bake for 5-10 minutes until cheese is bubbly and melted. Cool for a few minutes, remove from sheet, and dip away!
Taco dip will last about 5-7 days when refrigerated. You may also freeze the baked Mexican dip prior to baking it. Thaw completely before baking and then follow the directions for baking.
Most mayonnaise contains unhealthy vegetable oils and sugar. This
2-MINUTE KETO OLIVE OIL MAYONNAISE is super easy and keto friendly.
How to Make 3 Layer Mexican Dip
Time needed: 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven
Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Make the taco meat layer
First, add your taco meat to the bottom of a 1 1/2 quart baking dish and spread evenly on the bottom. Add cheese to the top of the meat.
- Add the avocado layer
In a bowl, toss diced avocados with lime juice, salt, and pepper. Spread evenly over the taco meat layer.
- Make creamy sour cream and mayo layer
To the same bowl that you used to toss the avocados, add the sour cream, mayonnaise, olives, green onions, spices, and salt. Mix thoroughly. Spread evenly on top of avocado layer.
- Top your 3 Layer Mexican Dip
If desired, sprinkle the top of the dip with some more cheese and top the cheese with chopped olives.
- Bake the keto taco dip
Place dish in preheated oven and bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted on top and dip is warmed through.
Keto Mexican Bubble Pizza and Taco Seasoning Recipe
Keto Super Taco Meat and A Week's Worth of Recipes to Use It!
Cheesy Keto Super Taco Instant Pot Omelet
Keto Biscochictos : Traditional New Mexican Christmas Cookies
Taco Stuffed Avocados
Keto Taco Soup
Easy Keto Lettuce Wrap Tacos
3 Ingredient Sausage Cream Cheese Vegetable Dip
Need more keto snack recipes?
If you love this recipe, give it a 5-star rating below in the recipe card!
- 1 cup Keto Super Taco Meat (click for recipe)
- ½ cup shredded Mexican cheese, or a combo of Monterey Jack and cheddar
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Sour cream layer:
- ½ cup full fat sour cream
- ½ cup keto mayonnaise, sugar free, vegetable oil free (click here for keto recipe)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese, or a combo of Monterey Jack and cheddar
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ⅓ cup chopped black olives
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- ½ cup and 2 T shredded Mexican cheese (or a combo of Monterey Jack and cheddar
- ⅓ cup chopped olives
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For meat layer: Spread Keto Super Taco Meat evenly on bottom of an 8” x 8” glass or ceramic dish. Sprinkle ½ cup cheese on the meat layer.
- For Avocado layer: Mash all ingredients together with the back of a fork. Spread avocado mash on top of meat layer. Even out with a rubber spatula.
- For sour cream layer: Place all ingredients in a small bowl and stir together. Spread evenly on top of avocado layer.
- Sprinkle top of dip with 2 T cheese and ⅓ cup olives. Bake in 350°F oven for 20 minutes. Serve with baked cheese tortilla chips or other keto tortilla chips or low carb vegetables.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cheese Grater With Airtight Storage Container - Vegetable Chopper, Kitchen Cutter, Shredder for Cheese & Vegetables (2-in-1)
CorningWare French White 1-1/2-Quart Covered Round Dish with Glass Top
Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo Traditional 12 oz., Non-GMO, 100% Pure, Gluten Free, Dairy Free for Sandwiches, Dressings and Sauces
Anthony's Organic Ground Cumin (1lb), Gluten Free
Frontier Co-op Organic Chili Powder Blend, 1 Pound Bulk Bag
Pearls 4.25 oz. Chopped Ripe Black Olives, 24-Cans
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 682 Total Fat: 64g Carbohydrates: 4g Protein: 17g