If you didn’t think you could have cornbread on the keto diet, think again! This honey keto cornbread with almond flour has the same soft gritty texture as cornbread with cornmeal, as well as a sweet honey taste from the honey oil and sweet corn taste from the corn extract.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Keto Cornbread with Honey Flavor, Sweet Corn Extract, and Almond Flour Instead of Cornmeal
If I hadn’t tasted it myself, I’d be doubtful that there could ever be such a thing as cornbread without corn.
But if you’ve ever baked with almond flour, you’ll understand why it is such a natural choice for a keto cornmeal substitute. It’s slightly sweet, like cornmeal, and comes out with a soft, yet gritty texture–perfect for an authentic cornbread taste!
The other two ingredients I’ve chosen to include in this low carb cornbread version to achieve the cornbread taste are two different flavorings: honey oil and sweet corn extract.
I HIGHLY recommend you add at least one of these flavorings. You’ll notice that I marked the sweet corn flavoring as optional in the recipe. It’s expensive. If you can swing both, please do. Both flavorings will last you quite a while and are great for other recipes that will soon appear on the site (tamales and tamale pie!!–I can’t WAIT to share those!).
If you don’t have either flavoring and you still want to try out the cornbread, add the vanilla as mentioned in the recipe. It won’t be as “corny”, but it will still be tasty.
Curious about honey on keto? Read Is Honey Keto? And The Honey Controversy.
Meals That Go With Cornbread
I know you don’t need any excuse to enjoy warm, fluffy, buttered cornbread, but it doesn’t hurt to have a few more. So I thought I’d give you some suggestions for what to eat with your keto almond flour cornbread below. Enjoy!
Keto Salads that go with cornbread:
-Tomato Cotija Salad with Tomatillo Dressing
Soups that go with keto cornbread:
-Keto Turkey Leek Soup with Bacon and Broccoli
Casseroles that go well with keto cornbread:
-Keto Spinach Macaroni Inferno
-Keto Turkey Tetrazzini Skillet
More keto main dish ideas!
Honey Keto Cornbread with Almond Flour
If you didn't think you could have cornbread on the keto diet, think again! This honey keto cornbread with almond flour has the same soft gritty texture as cornbread with cornmeal, as well as a sweet honey taste from the honey oil.
- 1 1/3 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons golden monkfruit sweetener
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk or almond/coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey oil (or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla)
- 1 teaspoon Sweet Corn Extract (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, for basting
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter an 8" x 8" glass or ceramic pan or similar size (I use this 1.5 qt oval pan).
- Add all ingredients (except the extra 2 tablespoons of butter listed at the end) to a bowl. Mix until combined.
- Pour batter into pan and spread evenly with a rubber spatula.
- Using a silicone brush, evenly baste the 2 tablespoons of butter on the top of the batter.
- Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes till the edges are slightly golden. Allow to rest 5-10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amoretti Sweet Corn Extract, 2 Ounce
Zulay (Set of 4) Pastry Brush - Heat Resistant Silicone Basting Brush With Soft Flexible Bristles
LorAnn Honey Super Strength Flavor Oil, 1 ounce bottle
Lakanto - Golden Sweetener All Natural Sugar Substitute 235g/8.29 - 2 PACK
CorningWare French Wite 1.5 quart oval casserole dish
Anthony's Blanched Gluten Free Almond Flour (4 lb) Gluten Free
Organic Coconut Flour (4lb) by Anthony's, Verified Gluten-Free & Non-GMO
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1/8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213Total Fat: 21gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 131mgCarbohydrates: 6gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g
Leave A Comment