With only two ingredients, these sugar free rainbow jello cups are one of the easiest no bake keto desserts you can make! The simple rainbow colored layers are so fun and delicious and great for a dessert, side dish, or snack! Enjoy this sugar free keto treat!
Keep reading for tips to make your keto layered jello taste and look amazing!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Never miss a new recipe! Sign up for our newsletter and get a FREE Keto Grocery List Cabinet Cheatsheet!
Layered Rainbow Jello That’s Keto Friendly
These keto jello cups have fancy rainbow layers. Each color gets two layers: a regular sugar free jello layer and a creamy sugar free jello layer.
I am telling you, the sour cream really makes this jello go beyond just jiggly flavored gelatin! The sour cream layers really are my favorite.
A lot of people ask whether sugar free jello is keto friendly. So much so that I actually wrote a whole article: Is Sugar Free Jello Keto Friendly? Check it out if you’re curious!
If you’re looking for a festive keto rainbow dessert for St. Patrick’s Day or a cool summer treat without breaking your keto diet, look no further!
If you want to try a sugar free jello treat using unflavored gelatin packets for an even healthier spin, try these Sugar Free Raspberry Jello Cups!
Don’t forget to try our other Keto Desserts or Keto No Bake Desserts!
Keto Rainbow Sugar Free Jello Cups Tips
- At one point in the recipe, you’ll be instructed to split the jello liquid in half. For easy pouring, I’ve found that it’s best to split the mixture into two glass measuring cups. If you have two of these or something similar, that will make pouring less messy and more precise!
- Depending on your size of cup, you will need to adjust the amount of liquid you pour in. Thinner layers are better since these cups have 12 layers.
- The sour cream jello mixture tends to take longer to set, so allow it about 15-20 minutes. The plain jello mixture takes about 8-10 minutes to set in the fridge.
- When putting the gelatin cups in the fridge to set, I recommend using a cookie sheet with a silicone mat on it. This prevents slippage while transporting the cups. When the cups slip too much, some of the jello mixture can splash or spread to the sides of the glass cups, ruining the rainbow effect of the dessert.
- For an extra pretty effect, you can add a dollop of sugar free whipped cream and some sugar free sprinkles to top off your keto rainbow layered jello! You can also make your own sprinkles.
Keto Rainbow Sugar Free Jello Cups
With only two ingredients, these sugar free rainbow jello cups are one of the easiest no bake keto desserts you can make! The simple rainbow colored gelatin layers are so fun and delicious and great for a dessert, side dish, or snack! Enjoy this sugar free keto treat!
- 6 .3 oz boxes of sugar free gelatin in rainbow colors
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream (full fat, not light)
- Boil one cup of water (I use a glass 2-cup measuring cup in the microwave).
- Add one of the colored packets of jello and stir till dissolved.
- Divide the jello liquid in half and set one half aside.
- Add 1/4 cup sour cream to one half of the jello liquid and stir till dissolved.
- Pour a thin layer of the sour cream jello mixture into the bottom of 6-8 dessert cups, dividing evenly. Allow to set in fridge (approximately 15-20 minutes).
- Pour a thin layer of the regular jello mixture onto the sour cream layer in the cups, dividing evenly. Allow to set in fridge (approximately 8-10 minutes).
- Repeat steps 1-6 for each of the jello packets until your layers are finished. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Good Dee’s Sugar Free Sprinkles - All Natural Coloring Low Carb Keto Rainbow Sprinkles
Jell-O Sugar Free Gelatin Sampler (Bundle of 8 Different Flavors .3-oz)
Vababa 16-Piece Stainless Steel Dessert Spoons, 6.6 Inches, Black
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Glass Measuring Cup with Lid
Anchor Hocking Presence Mini Trifle Footed Dessert Bowls, Set Of 4 (80625R)
Silicone Baking Mat - Set of 3
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 107Total Fat: 9gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 143mgCarbohydrates: 2gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 4g
How did you create the color blue? I can’t find blue sugar free hello anywhere
Unfortunately, there aren’t a lot of places that sell it. This link is the only place I’ve found it. Jello brand doesn’t carry it, but a lot of grocery store brands do, so you could just check a few of your local grocery stores. But you can also leave out the blue and do 5 colors instead. Or if you can find a transparent unflavored instant gelatin, just add whatever flavoring you want and blue food coloring. Enjoy! I love these jello cups so much! https://www.hy-vee.com/grocery/PD1973688/Hy-Vee-Sugar-Free-Berry-Blue-Gelatin-Dessert
You only use one cup of boiling water per pack of jello?
Yes! This ends up being a thicker version of jello, kind of like jigglers. Less liquid added also aids in helping the layers set faster, so the dessert isn’t taking you all day to make. Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by.