Delicious keto Southwest Salad Stuffed Avocados are filled with a yummy Southwest salad made from tomatoes, turkey, olives, cheddar jack cheese, Southwest mayo, and flavorful spiced black olives. Then, the avocados are baked till the cheese is melty and the flavors combine to make an out-of-this world Southwest surprise for your mouth! Baked avocado boats are what’s for dinner tonight!
Never miss a new recipe! Sign up for our newsletter and get a FREE Keto Grocery List Cabinet Cheatsheet!
Keto Southwest Salad Stuffed Avocados–Yes, Baked Avocados!
If you’ve never baked an avocado before and the very suggestion makes you wonder about my sanity, this recipe is for you. If I were to suggest any baked avocado, this is the one I would start you on. Easy. Delicious. Full of Flavor.
I totally get the hesitancy; I felt the same the first time I tried this!
I actually had to Google whether it was okay to bake an avocado because I just wasn’t sure. I’d had sandwich melts that included avocado (which is where I got the idea for these baked avocados, from Taste of Home’s Southwest sandwich recipe that includes avocado slices).
But a whole avocado sliced in half and stuffed and then baked?
But when I first had a mouthful of this Southwest goodness, my answer was a big fat opera-singing YES!
(Or, at least it was when I finally licked my plate clean. I don’t talk with my mouth full. We are not a heathen. Or a codfish.)
Keto Stuffed Avocado Recipes
Keto Taco Stuffed Avocados (baked)
Caprese Baked Stuffed Avocados
Keto Sushi Stuffed Avocados (no cook, no roll, keto-approved sushi!)
Tips for Keto Stuffed Avocados
- My very best tip for making any baked stuffed avocado is to use a muffin tin. Placing the rounded avocado halves on a flat cookie sheet is a recipe for disaster. The muffin tin helps the baked avocado halves from tipping over when you’re putting the avocados in the oven or removing them.
- These avocado boats are so easy, there aren’t many tips. BUT I do advise that you make the Southwest Mayo and double it–it’s soooo good, and you’ll find yourself craving it and wanting to put it on everything! You could also try this Southwest spice blend.
Keto Southwest Salad Baked Stuffed Avocado Recipe
Keto Southwest Salad Stuffed Avocados
Delicious keto Southwest Salad Stuffed Avocados are filled with a yummy Southwest salad made from tomatoes, turkey, olives, cheddar jack cheese, Southwest mayo, and flavorful spiced black olives. Then, the avocados are baked till the cheese is melty and the flavors combine to make an out-of-this world Southwest surprise for your mouth! Baked avocado boats are what's for dinner tonight!
- 2 avocados, sliced in half with pits removed and peels left in tact
- 1/2 cup turkey, chopped (leftover turkey or chopped deli slices are great!)
- 7 grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar jack, shredded
- 1/3 cup Southwest Mayonnaise (click here and scroll down for recipe)
- 3 tablespoons Spiced Olives (see below)
- 1 4.2 ounce can chopped black olives
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place avocado halves with the sliced side up, on a muffin tin or baking tray.
- Place all other ingredients except spiced olives in a bowl. Stir until combined. Add 3 tablespoons of the spiced olives.
- Spoon turkey filling into avocado halves, dividing evenly.
- Top with some cheese and extra spiced olives.
- Bake at 350°F for 7-9 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
You will have extra Spiced Olives in this recipe, which you can use to make the Southwest Mayonnaise or save for any of these keto Southwest recipes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Simply Southwest Decor, Petroglyph Designed Kitchen Towel Set, Yellow Hopi Sun, Teal Geckos & Turtles & Red Kokopelli Towel
USA Pan (1200MF) Bakeware Cupcake and Muffin Pan, 12 Well, Nonstick Quick Release Coating
DII Southwest Hacienda Stripe Tabletop Collection, Dishtowel Set, 18x28, 4 Piece
McCormick Gourmet Roasted Ground Coriander, 1.25 oz
Mercer Culinary Genesis Forged Santoku Knife, 7 Inch
Pearls 4.25 oz. Chopped Ripe Black Olives, 24-Cans
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: One stuffed avocado half
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 401Total Fat: 38gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 337mgCarbohydrates: 10gNet Carbohydrates: 5gFiber: 5gSugar: 2gProtein: 11g
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Leave A Comment