Cheesy Keto Super Taco Instant Pot Omelet
You might call it instant pot taco pie or instant pot taco casserole. Here we call it Cheesy Keto Super Taco Instant Pot Omelet! With a Keto Super Taco Meat base topped with a quiche-like omelet topping, you’ll be reaching for more than one piece as part of a low carb dinner, breakfast, or lunch!
This Mexican omelet recipe uses Keto Super Taco Meat. You are welcome to use your own favorite recipe for the taco meat base, but I’m telling you, this taco meat is so amazing!
Not only that, but if you make a big batch of the taco meat, there’s a whole list of amazing taco-inspired recipes that you can use it in. Anyone else in favor of easy??
Click the photo below to find the meat recipe and links for a week’s worth of Mexican recipes to use it!
Not Your Mama’s Instant Pot Taco Casserole!
The first time I had a breakfast casserole “omelet” was a sad day.
A friend made it for me. It was moving day. We were moving from Idaho to Colorado, the other side of the Rockies.
My friend was my roommate (aka adopted sister) who made living in that town feel like home. She made my kids pancakes, and knowing that I can’t have gluten, she made a special breakfast casserole just for me.
I don’t need to tell you she’s a special friend. Or that I miss her like crazy. Everyone needs a friend like her.
Want more Mexican? Try this Keto Mexican Bubble Pizza!
Notes for Recipe for Cheesy Super Taco Pie Instant Pot Omelet
This casserole is very different from the one my dear friend made for me. It’s the same idea but with different ingredients and methods.
Hers was made in the oven, mine in the instant pot. Hers was a tasty bacon base, mine is taco-inspired.
This recipe feeds our whole family of 6 easily. My kids are young, though, and I have no teenagers yet. If you have bigger kids or teenagers, it might be a good idea to make a side of bacon to go with this Super Taco Instant Pot Omelet.
You can also serve your instant pot taco casserole omelet with a dollop of sour cream, which is what we do. Or try some salsa on your taco omelet.
You’ll find the Keto Super Taco Meat recipe here. I have a skillet version and an Instant Pot version on that post. Enjoy!
Supplies You May Need for Cheesy Keto Super Taco Instant Pot Omelet
- In a medium bowl, add eggs, cream, salt, and pepper. Hand-whisk briskly for about 60 seconds.
- Add onions and cheese and stir.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a round 1.5 quart oven-safe glass or ceramic dish (any dish that is oven safe is also safe in the Instant Pot).
- Spread the taco meat on the bottom of the dish. Pour the egg mixture over the meat. Sprinkle with a little cheese, if you like. Cover the dish with foil.
- Place the trivet on the bottom of the Instant Pot. Pour 1 cup of water in the bottom.
- Carefully lower the dish onto the trivet.
- Close the Instant Pot lid, making sure it seals. Turn the valve to “sealed.” Cook the omelet at high pressure for 22 minutes. Slow release for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve with a dollop of sour cream on top, if you like. Enjoy!
- Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
- CorningWare French White 1-1/2-Quart Covered Round Dish with Glass Top
- MIBOTE 14 Pieces Instant Pot Accessories Set Fits 5,6,8 Qt - Steamer Baskets, Springform Pan, Egg Steamer Rack, Egg Bites Mold, Dish Plate Clip, Kitchen Tong, Oven Mitts, Magnetic Cheat Sheets & More
- Sherpa Pink Gourmet Himalayan Salt, 5 lbs Fine Grain. Incredible Taste. Rich in Nutrients and Minerals To Improve Your Health
- Gibson Home Zen Buffetware 16 Piece Dinnerware Set, White
- Cutting Board Style Wood Recipe Cookbook iPad Tablet Stand Holder Stand with Kickstand, Brown
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Total Fat: 62g Carbohydrates: 5g Protein: 28.5g