Crustless Quiche: Spinach Red Pepper Feta (and Spinach Timesaving Hack)
You can still have delicious quiche on a ketogenic diet! Who needs crust anyway? This classic crustless spinach red pepper feta quiche is easy, quick, and tasty–not to mention low carb, keto, gluten free, grain free, sugar free–all the “frees”!
Quiche is amazing. It tastes great, sounds fancy, and is deceivingly easy to make. You’re in for a treat, because today I’m sharing my favorite ketogenic crustless quiche.
Are you ready for a time-saving hack?
Don’t chop your spinach!
Really, guys, if you don’t know about this awesome trick I’m about to share, you’ve been doing way too much work in the kitchen. This is what I do instead of chopping spinach for cooking.
Looking for more keto breakfast recipes? Follow our Keto Breakfast & Brunch board on Pinterest!
Chopping Timesaving Hack: Chop Spinach the Easy Way
You know I just HAD to use the word “hack” for a tip about chopping. There was no other way.
When I buy a giant bag of spinach or kale or other greens, I fill a gallon plastic bag with some. Then I throw it in the freezer.
When the spinach is completely frozen, I pull the bag out of the freezer and mash and crush it in my hands. The spinach leaves shatter into perfectly “chopped” little pieces in seconds.
Brilliant! (Thanks, Mom!)
Save tip for later!
I’m telling you, my life changed forever when I learned this tip. Don’t waste your time chopping and don’t throw that spinach away yet!
If your spinach is on the precipice between “looking a little funky” and “who left a dead animal in the fridge!”—you need this timesaving hack. When you know your spinach is not going to be okay for salad tomorrow, put it in the freezer.
Your kids might turn their noses up at it in a salad (and me—I admit I’m pretty picky about freshness), but they won’t know the difference in a casserole or this Grain-Free Keto Spinach Cauliflower Macaroni Inferno.
Not that I have so much experience with this sort of wasteful procrastination. Not me. Never. But if I did, that’s what I’d do.
Notes for Crustless Spinach Red Pepper Feta Quiche
If you’re wondering why this quiche doesn’t include the addition of salt, it’s because of the feta. The crumbled feta cheese in this quiche has plenty of salt for the whole dish. If you like things super salty, go ahead and try it with ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt.
If you’ve never made a crustless quiche, you might be worried about leaving a layer of egg behind on your pie pan. I’ve done it myself a time or two, but if you follow the instructions for buttering your pan, it should come out fairly clean, leaving minimal bits of quiche behind.
When I make this crustless keto quiche for my family, everyone eats a piece and then my husband and I will eat the rest for leftovers or breakfast the next day. This keto quiche is awesome reheated, too.
Enjoy this keto crustless quiche!
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Butter a pie pan by peeling down the top part of the wrapper of a cold cube of butter, and rubbing the cube along the bottom and sides of the pie pan. Be careful to cover pan thoroughly.
- Heat olive oil in skillet on medium heat. Add chopped red pepper and sauté for about ten minutes or until tender. Add garlic and sauté for 2 more minutes. Turn heat off and add spinach. Stir and set aside.
- Beat eggs in medium bowl. Add cream, feta, parmesan, and black pepper.
- Stir pepper and spinach mixture into the egg mixture. Carefully pour mixture into pie pan and bake in 375°F preheated oven for 25 minutes. Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes before slicing.
I almost always add salt to my quiches. Because the feta is usually salty enough, I don't add salt when I use feta in quiches.
- Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 68 Ounce
- Kirkland Minced California Garlic, 48-Ounce
- Fanci Baking by Captivate Brands FNRBRNDPL Large Round Ceramic Fluted Pie Baking Plate, Yellow
- Pepper Grinder or Salt Shaker for Professional Chef - Best Spice Mill with Brushed Stainless Steel, Special Mark, Ceramic Blades and Adjustable Coarseness
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225 Total Fat: 19.3g Carbohydrates: 3.3g Protein: 10.2g
Pin this crustless keto quiche to your keto breakfast board for later!